Quiet, Contemplative, Most Traditional spoken service
10:15AM Communion, Rite II
Choir, Hymns, Traditional Liturgy
10:15AM Sunday School
September-May: Godly Play for children.
Summer months: children are welcome to join in Veggie Tale Sundays.
Join us online. For more, check out our Online Worship page.
Our kids always join the service mid-way for Communion. Professional child care for under 3-year-olds is available at the 10:15 service.
We are a “come as you are” parish. There is no dress code and children are welcome everywhere!
Guidelines for those waiting to complete their vaccination
All the current safety protocols we have been living with are still the best practice.
- Wear a mask; double masks are best! Once socially distanced, masks may be removed to receive communion and at lunch.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from each other.
- No physical contact.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash hands regularly.
Guidelines for those who are post two weeks from your final vaccination
- Wear a mask, at least until August 31st. Masks may be removed to receive communion.
- Optionally maintain social distancing.
- Optionally refrain from physical contact. Please check out with each other if hugs/physical contact are OK.
- Optionally use hand sanitizer or wash regularly.
- We will distribute communion in one kind, bread only. The chalice will be present, and you may reverence the chalice and wine, but please do not touch.
- We will not be passing the offering plates. The plate will be on the baptismal font, where offerings may be placed anytime during the service.
- We will pass the peace by bowing to each other rather than with hugs and handshakes.
- Please feel free to sit where you feel comfortable, and please take one the of steel chairs from the side of the church and sit outside if you prefer. The three doors will be fully open and there is a speaker for sound out there.
- We invite congregational singing with Ray and the choir.
- If you are worshipping online and would like a Eucharistic visitor to bring you communion, please contact the office.
Holy Cross Episcopal Church
19179 Center St
Castro Valley CA 94546
Photography © by Tom Cooper. All Rights Reserved.